Do You Wish You Could Change Your Smile?
Are You Embarrassed By The Shape Of Your Teeth?
Are You Self Conscious When You Smile?
If The Answer Is “Yes” Veneers Could Be For You…
Dental veneers at Advance Dental in Barry near Cardiff are an increasingly popular choice for people that are looking for a new smile that they can feel confident with.
These days veneers are no longer a cosmetic dental treatment that is only available for the rich celebrities, developments in modern technology mean veneers are more affordable than you think.
If you have small gaps in your teeth or they are slightly crooked, veneers can work for you.
Now I’m sure you probably have a number of questions you’d like to answer such as…
Veneers are a wafer-thin overlay which improves the appearance of your teeth. A bit like cling film.
Dependent on your needs, porcelain and composite being the most popular.
4 Possible Reasons Why You Should
Well there are a wide variety of reasons why you might opt for treatment with dental veneers:
- Discoloured Teeth– Veneers can cover stained teeth that won’t respond to whitening treatments.
- Damaged Teeth– Your teeth maybe damaged for a number of reasons, excessive grinding for example. Veneers can also correct the appearance of chipped or broken teeth. You can also use them for teeth where the enamel has been damaged or a replacement to stop any further damage to the tooth underneath.
- Gaps-Spaces between your teeth can easily be closed using veneers, giving you a more uniform-looking smile, making you feel happier.
- Crooked Teeth– There are only a few cases using Veneers for crooked teeth. If your teeth are not severely crooked you can use Veneers to give the appearance of a perfectly straight smile. Win – win.
First, both composite and porcelain veneers have their merits. Porcelain gives you the most natural look as it has a colour similar to natural teeth. Composite veneers can be placed in just one appointment and require less preparation on your tooth surface, thus saving you time.
Furthermore, as with any treatment here at Advance Dental we will always look at what the best options are for your smile so you can decide what it is you want and to give you the very best result.
Next Question You May be Considering…
Porcelain veneers typically last between five and ten years, while composite veneers tend to have a shorter life span.
To make your veneers last longer you should treat them as your teeth need to be treated.
Also, ensure that you keep regular appointments to see us to keep your mouth as healthy as can be, try and stick to a good diet and avoid too many acidic foods and foods that can stain your teeth.
The Advance Dental 7 Step Process…
- Once you are ready to go ahead with treatment your teeth need to be prepared for your new veneers.
- A tiny part of your front teeth will be removed; it will be the same amount as the thickness of your veneers so that they sit perfectly in your smile.
- After that has been done an impression of your teeth will be taken. This then goes to the dental laboratory so that they can make your veneers to fit your teeth exactly.
- While all of this is happening you will have some temporary veneers placed on your teeth to protect the prepared surface of the teeth underneath.
- And when your new veneers are ready you will come back into the practice to have them fitted. First they will just be placed over your teeth so that you can ensure that you are happy with their appearance. Make sense so far?
- Then once you are happy your teeth are thoroughly cleaned and the front surface will be roughened so that they provide a good surface for the bonding material between your tooth and the veneer to stick to.
- Next a curing light is used to activate the bonding cement so that it permanently bonds your tooth and veneer, once this has been done you will be left with a beautiful and natural looking new smile.
As with any treatment here at Advance Dental the first step is to assess your smile to ensure that veneers are the best treatment for you.
That’s why we offer a FREE Smile Audit for all new patients so that we can assess your smile and see if you are suitable for dental veneers. You can look at all options that are available to you and discover how to get the smile that you’ve always dreamed of!
Why not Give us a call or complete the form below to see if you are suitable for Dental Veneers.